Tuesday 29 September 2015

Tennis:Sabine Lisicki out for the rest of 2015 with knee injury


Former Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki will not play again this season because of a knee injury.

Lisicki has been out of action since losing to Simona Halep in the fourth round of the US Open and told her fans on Facebook that the injury had been bothering her for some time.

The German, ranked 28 in the world, will miss a series of tournaments in Asia which culminates with the WTA Finals in Singapore next month.

Lisicki wrote: "Like most of you know I've been struggling with a knee injury before and during the US Open.

"Ever since I got back to Germany I've been taken care of by Dr [Hans] Müller Wohlfahrt and now Klaus Eder who have tried everything in order to get me ready for the Asian swing.

"But unfortunately my knee is not ready and I will not compete at tournaments this season. I have great support from my team and we are eager to get me back on the court ASAP."

No comments: