Tuesday 29 September 2015

Boxing:Amir Khan hopes fighting and beating Manny Pacquiao will lure Floyd Mayweather Jr


Amir Khan believes that fighting and beating Manny Pacquiao could earn him his dream bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

The Bolton welterweight (31-3-KO19) has not fought since outpointing Chris Algieri in May but is chasing a clash with former gym-mate Pacquiao (57-6-2-KO38) in the hope of luring Mayweather Jr (49-0-KO26) out of retirement.

Khan, 28, told Sky Sports: "I think Floyd Mayweather will have one more fight. He's on 49-0 and he knows that. He's got one more fight left in him. At the moment he's matching Rocky Marciano's record but he can beat him and get to 50. I'm there ready and waiting for him.

"I think he thinks I'm too dangerous for him. I don't think he'll ever want to fight me. I bring too much to the table and would cause him a lot of problems.

No comments: