Wednesday 30 September 2015

I don't have to explain to YOU why I picked Ospina,says arsene Wenger


Arsene Wenger has refused to explain his decision to choose David Ospina over Petr Cech after the Arsenal goalkeeper's blunder in the 3-2 defeat to Olympiacos.

The Colombian dropped the ball over the line to gift the Greek side a 2-1 lead as they went on to win 3-2, condemning the Gunners to a second consecutive Champions League loss.

Wenger, though, defended his choice to pick Ospina and leave Cech on the bench but refused to explain his selection.

"I do not have to sit here and give you an explanation about every decision I make," he told reporters.

"That is always the simple thing. Ospina kept 14 clean sheets in 19 games last season and was fantastic against Tottenham last week. No goalkeeper is mistake-free.

"I make the decisions and selections for the team and I am responsible. I know many things that you don’t know or you ignore. You can’t select a team by taking a poll before the game and taking everyone’s opinion.

"Honestly, I don’t want to go into the conversation about regrets with you."

The result leaves Arsenal bottom of Group F with two games against Bayern Munich, who have won all of their matches in the Bundesliga and Champions League so far next, but Wenger says his side still have a chance.

"It leaves us in a bad position but we are still in it. We have to get a result in our next game against Bayern at home," he added.

No comments: