Thursday 5 November 2015

Tennis:Serena Williams chases thief who stole mobile phone


Serena Williams claims she foiled a thief who targeted her mobile phone during dinner this week.

The world's No 1 women's tennis player says she pursued a man who swiped her phone and shamed him into giving it back.

In a post on her Facebook page Williams said her "superhero sense" had kicked in, adding: "When I got back into the restaurant I received a standing ovation.

"I was proud. I just showed every man in there I can stand up to bullies and other men. It was a win for the ladies!

"Just because you are a lady don't be afraid to step up to any challenge and not be a victim but a hero."

She later wrote on Twitter: "SuperRena. Movie role next? Action film? Let's do this."

Williams, who narrowly failed to claim all four grand slam singles titles this year, is currently out with a knee injury.

No comments: