Friday 20 November 2015

Corinthians win Brazilian title


The Brazilian giants recorded a 1-1 draw with Vasco Da Gama to win the Campeonato Brasileiro title, much to the delight of attacking midfielder Jadson

Corinthians were crowned domestic champions in Brazil on Thursday following a 1-1 draw with Vasco Da Gama .

Julio Cesar gifted Vasco the lead after 72 minutes, but Vagner Love levelled 10 minutes later to lead Corinthians to their sixth Campeonato Brasileiro title.

Head coach Tite's men hold a 12-point lead over second-placed Atletico Mineiro with three games to go.

And Jadson, an attacking midfielder signed from Sao Paulo in 2014, has expressed his delight at becoming a champion.

"Winning this title is something I have dreamed of throughout my career," Jadson told reporters.

"And now I have achieved it with Brazil's greatest team. I am very happy to have won the league and want to dedicate this success to my family.

No comments: