Tuesday 17 November 2015

Floyd Mayweather has denied mocking Ronda Rousey.



Floyd Mayweather has denied mocking Ronda Rousey after her knockout defeat.

The jibe took place through the Instagram page of 50 Cent, the rapper who is closely associated with Mayweather, but the legendary boxer has claimed he didn't know about the stunt.

50 Cent posted a picture of Rousey edited onto a famous image from the Rocky films where stricken boxer Apollo Creed is helped by Rocky Balboa. It was posted shortly after Rousey, the previously undefeated UFC queen, was shockingly knocked out by Holly Holm.

I haven't really spoke to anyone about the Ronda Rousey situation, just to set the record straight.

The image included a comment from 50 Cent saying "Floyd told me to post this" but that has been quickly denied.

"That's not true at all," Mayweather told Fight Hype.

"I haven't really spoke to anyone about the Ronda Rousey situation, just to set the record straight.

"I don't have anything against MMA fighters. It's just like boxing; you win some, you lose some. A true champion can take a loss and bounce back.

"Certain things you have to learn. People will love you on Friday and then Sunday morning, it's nothing but negative comments and people making jokes and people making fun about you, which I don't think is cool.

"I've never been on the other side, so I don't know how it feels. I'm pretty sure she's a very, very strong person, but we still have to take into consideration that she has feelings.

"Everything happens for a reason. This was already written. Listen, if God says, 'In Floyd's career, I don't want him to lose,' you know what? I wasn't going to lose.

"That doesn't mean that I haven't took a loss before. I'm not talking about boxing; I'm just talking about life. When you lose a loved one, that's taking a loss. I think that everything is just a learning experience. In due time, she'll be able to bounce back and make some noise again in mixed martial arts."

Rousey and Mayweather have previously endured a fractious relationship after the former UFC women's bantamweight champion claimed she could defeat him in a 'no rules' fight.

No comments: