Wednesday 4 November 2015

Boxing:Shane Mosley adamant he would beat Floyd Mayweather Jr

Shane Mosley (L) and Floyd Mayweather Jr clashed back in 2010
Shane Mosley is sure Floyd Mayweather Jr will fight again and believes a rematch between the pair would end in his favour.

Former three-weight world champion Mosley (48-9-1-KO40) fought Mayweather Jr (49-0-KO26) back in 2010 and wobbled 'Money' before suffering a points defeat - but claims he was injured at the time.

In an interview reported on World Boxing News, the 44-year-old 'Sugar' said: "I believe so, I believe Floyd will fight again.

When I fought him I was injured and I think if I fought him again I'd beat him. Even right now, as I'm actually getting better and better, so I want to show people that I can beat anybody.

"We've had Jose Lopez at 51-0 and Chavez was over 87-0 or towards 90-0 when he suffered his first loss, so Floyd is some way off that.

"When I fought him I was injured and I think if I fought him again I'd beat him. Even right now, as I'm actually getting better and better, so I want to show people that I can beat anybody out there - especially at welterweight.

"Now that I'm injury free and I can move, do stuff I couldn't do before maybe because of injuries. I feel a lot better now. I've been working during my time off and I feel a lot better. I'm looking phenomenal and I feel great."

Mayweather Jr officially bowed out of the sport on September 12 when he cruised to a wide points win over Andre Berto but Mosley, who returned from nearly two years out of the ring by stopping fellow veteran Ricardo Mayorga in August, was unimpressed.

He added: "I definitely believe I could have done a better job than Andre Berto did against Floyd. Andre Berto fought a good fight though and he fought better than I've seen him fight. He has a lot of strength and power, but I hit a lot harder than he does - especially at welterweight."

No comments: