Tuesday 10 November 2015

I MADE Ronaldo!,joked Roy Keane


Roy Keane has joked that he made Cristiano Ronaldo the player he is today in the two years he spent with the Portuguese at Manchester United.

Ronaldo played alongside the Irishman between 2003 and 2005, winning just the FA Cup, before the latter left Old Trafford for Celtic following a row with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Speaking ahead of the Republic of Ireland’s Euro 2016 play-off with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Keane said that in management certain players need differing approaches... but Ronaldo never needed to be "shouted" at.

"Yeah I made him," Keane told reporters when asked about the impact he had on the Portuguese. "Only for me he wouldn’t be where he is.

"Of course yeah, obviously different players have different traits in how you speak to them and who you shout at and who you don’t, but I didn’t shout at Ronaldo that much. I didn’t have to."

Keane’s comments come in the wake of Ronaldo’s remarks last week, in which the Real Madrid forward indicated that he learned a lot from Keane.

"[Keane was] always screaming to me: 'Cristiano! Pass the ball,’" Ronaldo told Sport magazine. “But it was good! At the end of the day, I feel happy because I learned a lot from them."

No comments: