Monday 31 August 2015

Why I left Real Madrid,says Former Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas


The 34-year-old goalkeeper says he felt overwhelmed by the attention at the Santiago Bernabeu and hopes to come up against his former side in the Champions League final
"There was a spell when I was getting a lot of criticism and I needed time away from that;" he told reporters. "I’m happy now and it shows on my face.

"It was a tough move, but for me this is a new experience with renewed feelings of excitement.

"The situation at Madrid was not the best; I was always the focus of attention, be it positive or negative, and I needed space to breathe."
“I’d like to be in the Champions League final at San Siro with Porto and be up against Real Madrid."

Casillas also feels he still has a lot to add to his team, despite his veteran status.

“I’m not immortal; I’m going to keep battling, although I’d love to continue playing until I’m 60.

No comments: