Monday 31 August 2015

Athletics:Gatlin hopes fans have moved on from his drugs past


The American, who failed two drugs tests, was pipped to the gold medal by Usain Bolt  in the 100 and 200 metres.

Gatlin's agent Renaldo Nehemiah claimed his client was unfairly carrying the burden of all drug cheats.

And the sprinter hopes the championships in Beijing, China, have changed the public's perception.

When asked to sum up the event, he said: "A relief because I worked very hard this season.

"I ran, even in regular season, very hard and through all my ups and downs I still came out here. I think I showed poise and I showed that I am a human being.

"I am happy to be running in the Bird's Nest at a championship and get ready for next year. I wouldn't say (I felt) pressure. I would just say obviously I am the most criticised athlete in track and field."

No comments: