Sunday 27 November 2016

Manny Pacquiao says Floyd Mayweather rematch is possible


Manny Pacquiao has discussed the prospect of facing Floyd Mayweather again


Mayweather defeated Pacquiao by unanimous decision in May 2015

 Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao says he might be interested in a rematch with Floyd Mayweather if the American ever decides to come out of retirement.

But Pacquiao was quick to add that he is not yet in a position to plan a next fight against anyone, let alone Mayweather.

The duo met in an eagerly-awaited clash in May 2015 and Mayweather won a unanimous decision, before retiring with an unbeaten record.

Pacquiao briefly retired himself after beating Timothy Bradley earlier this year but returned to the ring to beat Jessie Vargas earlier this month.

Asked if he may face Mayweather again, the former eight-division world champion, elected to the Philippines senate in May, said: "If he comes back into boxing there is a possibility, but right now we are not talking or discussing about that.

"Actually, we are not talking about or discussing my next fight, because I am so busy working in the office as a senator. That's my focus right now."

However, it does not appear that Pacquiao is planning to go into retirement again.

"I don't know when my career will end," he added.

"I realised I felt lonely inside because I am no longer active in the sport of boxing. I asked myself if I can still fight, and I decided to come back and continue the journey of my career."

No comments: