Sunday 19 June 2016

I'd be happy to retire at Man Utd,says Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney

Rooney: I'd be happy to retire at Man Utd
The 30-year-old has revealed he is prepared to end his playing days at Old Trafford and is eyeing becoming a permanent fixture in midfield under Jose Mourinho next season

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney says he is willing to sign a contract extension which would see him retire at Old Trafford.

Rooney has three years remaining on his current deal and recently admitted that he doesn't envisage himself playing for another club.

And the 30-year-old has now extended those thoughts by admitting he is prepared to end his playing days at United by putting pen to paper on a new deal.

"I have a contract at the club that I want to see out and wouldn't be against extending it - but that's up to the club,” Rooney told United We Stand fanzine, in quotes reported by The Sun.

Rooney has also revealed that he is ready to become a permanent fixture in midfield under Jose Mourinho next season.

England's record goalscorer, who is also second to only Bobby Charlton in United's stakes, has flirted with the role in the last two seasons at United, while he has shone in the position for the Three Lions at Euro 2016.

And Rooney says he enjoys operating deeper as the position enables him to better showcase the all-round ability that he possesses.

"What I can say is I will continue to develop my game and adapt and improve throughout," Rooney added.

"Over time and with experience, you see the game and experience the game differently, which leads to different decisions.

"I think my record shows I have always enjoyed assisting goals as much as scoring them and I also enjoy the involvement from deeper positions."

No comments: