Wednesday 13 January 2016

Dad bans Fifa 16 after son racks up £5,300 bill


Canadian Lance Perkins was "floored" after reading his credit card statement to find $7625.88 worth of charges thanks to his Xbox-playing son

An avid Fifa 16 player has been banned from playing all video games by his father after unwittingly racking up nearly $8,000 in credit card charges for in-game purchases.

Players of the popular virtual reality football series can bolster their Ultimate Team squad by buying new player packs and topping up their 'Fifa Points', which range from £1.99 to £79.99 for UK-based users.

However, Canadian Lance Perkins was left shocked after his son spent $7625.88 (£5276) on his credit card, and he has responded by placing a lifetime ban on consoles in his house.



"It floored me. Literally floored me, when I'd seen what I was being charged," Perkins told CBC News. "He thought it was a one-time fee for the game.

"He's just as sick as I am, [because] he never believed he was being charged for every transaction, or every time he went onto the game.

"There will never be another Xbox system - or any gaming system - in my home."

No comments: